Waikato-based charity Sanctuary Mountain built a 47-kilomtre pest-proof fence, one of the largest of its kind in the world - download video here:
Ms Watson says a highlight of her involvement with the ANZ Staff Foundation was Kiwis helping their communities and making a significant difference in the lives of others. “It’s so important to support these causes as we know some won’t survive without a top-up of money.”
Helen Williams, who works for ANZ in Dunedin and has been contributing to the ANZ Staff Foundation since it started in 2000, says she likes seeing it enable grass-roots charities.
“I really like that it helps make locals’ lives better and supports practical projects such as funding babysitters for struggling parents,” Ms Williams says.
“Plus, my dollar goes twice as far with ANZ’s contribution.”
The ANZ Staff Foundation board, made up of staff from different regions and roles across the bank, meet twice a year to allocate funding. The average ANZ Staff Foundation grant was $6,332 in 2017.
About the ANZ Staff Foundation
- The ANZ Staff Foundation is a charitable trust, founded in 2000.
- Since then it has donated more than $4.5 million to local charities and has become the largest payroll giver in New Zealand.
- ANZ staff donate a percentage of their wage each week, and ANZ matches their contribution dollar-for-dollar.
- In 2017 the foundation donated almost $660,000 to Kiwi charities to support their important work.
- The ANZ Staff Foundation has two funding rounds each year. The ANZ Staff Foundation board, made up of staff from different regions and roles across the bank, meet twice a year to allocate funding.