ANZ Bank New Zealand (ANZ NZ) today announced a flood assistance package for businesses and farmers affected by recent flooding events in Tairāwhiti Gisborne district.
Lorraine Mapu, ANZ NZ Managing Director of Business, said some businesses and farmers were facing serious damage and disruption from the extreme weather.
“Our thoughts are with the wider Tairāwhiti Gisborne community as the district deals with heavy rain and severe flooding,” Ms Mapu said.
“We know those businesses impacted by flooding will be focused on repairing damage so they can reopen their doors and support their community.
“We’re offering targeted assistance to take the financial pressure off those affected so they can focus on the most urgent matters at hand.”
The options available for those affected, subject to approval, are:
· Applying for short-term funding to help them to cope financially with unexpected costs arising from extreme weather;
· Suspending or reducing loan principal repayments;
· Where the customer meets hardship circumstances, waiving notice period requirements and removal of any interest rate recovery costs associated with early access of Term Deposit funds;
· Waiving fees associated with restructuring business loans considered necessary due to impacts of extreme weather;
· Waiving fees for term finance and investments which have the potential to improve performance and the ability to respond to climatic variation in future years.
Ms Mapu said business customers impacted by flooding should speak to their Relationship Manager or phone our Business Service centre on 0800 269 249 to discuss the impact on their business and discuss their funding requirements.
The ANZ Assistance Package takes effect from 5 November 2021.
For media enquiries contact Briar McCormack +64 21 2801173