ANZ Bank New Zealand (ANZ NZ) has reminded customers that support is available to them should they need it following extreme weather events in Auckland, Northland, Bay of Plenty and Coromandel.
Lorraine Mapu, ANZ Managing Director of Business, said: “Our thoughts are with those dealing with damage and destruction to the community and their businesses, not to mention to their family homes, following the devastating weather events at the weekend.
“With clean-up efforts now underway, and many assessing the impact of the storms, we want to reassure our business and personal customers of the support available to them.
“Targeted assistance is available for business customers, like temporary overdraft facilities and the ability to defer loan repayments, to take some of the financial pressure off so people can focus on the bigger issues they are dealing with right now.
“Our team will be reaching out to our small and medium sized business customers this week to see what else is needed.
“We encourage personal and home loan customers to talk to us if they need to relieve pressure on their financial situation. There may be a range of ways we could help, such as restructuring their home loan repayments, providing access to an overdraft facility or an urgent credit card limit increase.”
The options available for those affected, subject to approval, are:
- Applying for short-term funding to assist them to cope financially with unexpected costs arising from extreme weather;
- Where the customer meets hardship circumstances, waiving notice period requirements and removal of any interest rate recovery costs associated with early access of Term Deposit funds.
- Waiving fees associated with restructuring business loans considered necessary due to impacts of extreme weather;
- Waiving fees for term finance and investments which have the potential to improve performance and the ability to respond to climatic variation in future years.
- Business customers impacted by flooding should speak to their Relationship Manager to discuss the impact on their business and their funding requirements.
All other customers should contact us on 0800 269 296.
For media enquiries only, contact Kristy Martin 021531402